Monday, February 18, 2013

My Funny Valentine (Disclaimer: Contains Mush)

Who got spoiled stinkin rotten this Valentines? This girl! Brian surprised me with a flower delivery to my office on Tuesday, and a box of chocolate covered strawberries on Wednesday. Holy moly did I get the royal treatment or what! To top it all off, my sweet guy took me to Tuscany (the restaurant, not the city, but I was just as happy) for Valentines dinner where we sampled some pretty fancy Italian food. 
I was presented with a single red rose by the hostess as she led us upstairs to the balcony. We were seated in a semi-private area of only 4 tables under a beautiful stained glass dome of grape vines (it's the UFO looking thing at the top of the picture below.) The best part of the night had to be that Brian was somewhat unimpressed and a little grossed out by the pork belly appetizer. Amazing man that he is, he sat with my finished seafood appetizer in front of him while I devoured his as well. (I was also not a fan of the pork belly, but the polenta and the sauce that was under it was worth licking the plate clean. Which I did with bread; civilized and whatnot.) 


I got him some cologne and a bag of mini-Snickers. I feel like I did nothing in comparison but I swear that's what he wanted, and he was excited. Whatever works I guess, he's pretty low-maintenance. Anyhow, it was an amazing week and it was great spending it devoted to my best friend. I am so lucky to have him in my life, I know I'd be lost without him. Thanks hun, for being my rock and for sharing your appetizers, I mean,  your life with me. You're the best. 

I hope everyone had a fantastic Valentines Day with loved ones - be it your significant other, family, friends, or dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment